Food waste recycling
棋牌游戏电玩平台All raw and cooked food waste is collected weekly for recycling. Collecting food waste not only reduces the amount sent to landfill and the cost of doing this but has major environmental benefits. This is because biodegradable waste buried in landfill will emit methane gas, a harmful climate change gas which is 23 times more damaging to the environment than carbon dioxide.
Your caddy must be out at the kerbside by 7.30am on the morning of your scheduled collection.
You can include items such as:
- Fish, meat and bones (raw or cooked)
- Dairy produce (such as cheese, yoghurt, eggs)
- Hard fats and lard
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Bread and pastries
- Rice and pasta
- Stale and out of date foods (including ‘ready meals’ – please remove packaging)
- Uneaten pet food
- Plate scrapings and lunchbox leftovers
- Kitchen towels
Please do not include:
- Any packaging, pots, punnets or plastic film
- Excessive oil (due to mess)
- Dead animals
- Garden waste
- Animal bedding/litter
- Animal/pet faeces
Food waste bins
棋牌游戏电玩平台Householders are supplied with:
- A 7ltr silver kitchen caddy
- A 23ltr black outside caddy for food waste to be transferred from your kitchen caddy and put out for collection
Order a kitchen or kerbside food waste caddy
Using your food waste caddy
棋牌游戏电玩平台You can line your caddies using:
- Compostable or paper liners
- Old plastic bags (such as a supermarket carrier bag, bread bag, used sandwich bags)
All liners are removed before the food waste is treated.
棋牌游戏电玩平台If your food waste is not collected please call our team on 01594 810000. Please report missed collections to us by 3.00pm the following day (or Monday if your collection was due on the preceding Friday) and we will endeavour to return to your property and pick up the missed waste as soon as possible. In such circumstances, please leave your caddy out at the kerbside so that we are able to collect it.
In the event of adverse weather disrupting services please ring 01594 812666 (recorded message) or visit our website for up to date information about your collections.
Putting food waste to good use
棋牌游戏电玩平台Your food waste is recycled in Gloucestershire into a fertilizer for use on farmland and renewable electricity is generated as a bi-product during the process, see:
Some food waste, such as fruit and vegetable peelings, can be composted at home. For more information see:
Around £12 billion worth of food is wasted by UK households every year. For advice on cutting your food waste: