棋牌游戏电玩平台A hate crime or hate incident is an offence or incident which is perceived by the victim or any other person to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice based on a person’s:
- Race or perceived race - includes nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, race and colour
- Religion or perceived religion
- Sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation
- Disability or perceived disability
- Transgender or perceived transgender
- Individual characteristic that makes someone appear different, e.g. alternative lifestyle, culture, physical appearance and style of dress
Abuse can be verbal, physical or emotional and include attack to property, written notes, emails and text messages.
The Forest & Gloucester Hate Crime and Incident Action Group is a joint initiative covering the Community Safety Partnership zones in the Forest of Dean and Gloucester. Similar groups run across the county and have joined together to form the 'Gloucestershire Hate Crime & Incidents Strategic Group'.
Gloucestershire has developed a Hate Crime Strategy to support victims of Hate Crime and incidents:
Reporting hate crime
- Call Gloucestershire Police on 101 (999 in an emergency)
- Call Gloucestershire Hate Crime 'report it' on 0800 077 8460
With the victim’s consent, details of any incident can be passed to the police, Victim Support or other helpful agencies.
Why you should report hate crime
The information you provide may help the police stop offenders. Left unreported, the offenders are free to commit similar crimes to other people. For more information:
- Gloucestershire Victim Support: 0808 281 0112
- Citizens Advice Bureau: 0870 126 4010