棋牌游戏电玩平台Neighbourhood Planning is a tier of the planning system which seeks to give communities more control over the future of their area.
Policy and proposals in a Neighbourhood Plan may inform:
- Where new housing or employment might be located in the area
- Types of development, including materials to be used for new development
- Opportunities for Green Infrastructure in the area (open spaces, pedestrian paths etc)
棋牌游戏电玩平台Neighbourhood Plans must be developed, resourced and led by the town/parish council (or Neighbourhood Forum where there is no Town or Parish Council) with input from local residents and businesses.
Current Neighbourhood plans in the district
For guidance on producing a Neighbourhood Plan please:
Questions to answer when considering a Neighbourhood Plan
What do you want to achieve for your area by doing a plan for the town/parish?
棋牌游戏电玩平台Neighbourhood Planning enables communities to set a vision for the future development of an area and develop general planning policies which will guide the development and use of land in a neighbourhood to deliver this vision. It can be detailed, or general, depending on what the community is seeking to achieve. Where delivery of the vision does not require the development or use of land, a Community Plan would be appropriate. What skills and resources do you have to do the plan?
棋牌游戏电玩平台We can offer support and advice but the plan must be owned and produced by the local community. Be aware that there may be other costs than just people's time - do you have any funds to use?
Once you have an idea about what you want to achieve and how you might do it, contact our Local Plan team to discuss how we can assist:
- We will provide appropriate support to town and parish councils wishing to develop a Neighbourhood Plan.
- The plan will need to be tested against the overarching Development Strategy for the Forest of Dean (the Adopted Local Plan Core Strategy up to 2026), as well as national policies and any adjoining Neighbourhood Plans through an independent examination.
- If it passes this stage, a referendum will be held and if it is agreed by a majority, the plan will be form part of the Forest of Dean Local Development Plan
棋牌游戏电玩平台For more information, please:
- visit the